The Braunschweigisches Landesmuseum collects media of all kinds – books and photographs, vinyl records and film projectors, picture postcards, movies, posters, music supplies and cameras. Among these exhibits are the radiograms and phono equipment made by the firm Kuba which produced its legendary “phono-furniture” in Wolfenbüttel and Brunswick between 1948 and 1996. Other highlights include our superb and very extensive photographic collection as well as a store of roughly 1,000 historical books that the first director of the Museum, Karl Steinacker (1872-1944) compiled. These are mainly from the 17th to the 19th century. The valuable publications are largely devoted to the history of the region and were mainly written by renowned representatives of Brunswick’s academia, among them professors from the university of Helmstedt which existed between 1576 and 1810.